When an Act of Academic Dishonesty Occurs...
Actions Taken in Cases Involving Academic Dishonesty
1. The academic dishonesty is detected.
2. The professor gathers relevant evidence.
3. The professor submits evidence to the advisor of the Council on Academic Integrity.
4. The organization’s advisor submits the evidence to the President of the Student Honor Board.
5. An informal meeting is held.
6. A member of the Student Honor Board investigates the case.
7. A formal hearing is held.
8. If found guilty, the student accepts the sanction(s).
9. A request for an appeal must be submitted to the advisor of the Council on Academic Integrity within three (3) school days following the decision of the Review Board.
10. The process ends.
Page updated September 22, 2006 | Questions or comments? Email CouncilonAcademicIntegrity@rbc.edu
© 2006, Richard Bland College