Commencement exercises occur only once per year in May. The ceremony is comprised of the previous fall and current spring graduates and upcoming summer candidates.
Graduation applications are due by:
November 1: fall candidates
February 1: spring candidates
July 1: summer candidates
Important Notice to Graduates
Congratulations on your achievement. The faculty and staff of Richard Bland College of William & Mary invite you to participate in your Commencement Ceremony on May 16, 2015. Doors open for guests at 4:00 p.m., and the ceremony begins promptly at 5:00 p.m.
To prepare yourself for the ceremony, please remember:
- To qualify for May graduation, you need at least a 2.00 GPA and 60-63 credits by the end of the Spring semester. Summer candidates must complete all their requirements by August 2015. Please ensure you are cleared for graduation by visiting or by calling 804-862-6238 the Registrar’s Office no later than Friday, May 8, 2015 at 5PM.
- 2015 Graduation Class Meeting—on Thursday, April 9th, from 12:30-1:30PM in HMSS 122, Ms. Giovanka Obermuller will meet with your graduating class to answer questions and make important announcements about graduation.
- If you do not meet the graduation requirements, you will be notified by telephone no later than Thursday, May 14th. Under exceptional circumstances, you may obtain permission to participate in commencement at the discretion of the Dean of Faculty.
- Caps & Gowns and Tickets—please pay the $20 cap & gown fee at the Business Office in Maze Hall as soon as possible. Caps and gowns (which are yours to keep) are available for pick up in the cafeteria on 21-22 April from 9-12PM. Call 804-862-6100 9802 to arrange for pickup if you cannot retrieve your cap and gown on one of those days. Up to five tickets per graduation for the ceremony will be distributed at the same time.
- Phi Theta Kappa Members—you may pick up stoles and tassels from April 28-May 8 (8AM-5 PM) at the front desk of the Center for Student Affairs. You must return the PTK stoles after the ceremony, but the tassels are yours to keep.
On Commencement Day:
- Lineup for the ceremony begins at 3:45PM outside the women’s locker room in Statesman Hall.
- Information regarding the photographer will be forthcoming.
- If you do not participate in the graduation ceremony, youmay pick up your diploma in the Registrar’s Office on Monday, May 18.