Parent PLUS Loan
The undergraduate student MUST have a current FAFSA on file with our office before we will certify a Parent PLUS Loan.
Undergraduate PLUS Loan Information
The parents of dependent undergraduate students may borrow funds through a PLUS loan. To receive a PLUS loan, they will be required to pass a credit check. If they do not pass the credit check, they still may be able to receive a loan if someone, such as a relative or friend who is able to pass, agrees to co-sign the loan, promising to repay it if the parents should fail to do so.
Apply for a PLUS Loan
Parents applying for the Direct Parent PLUS Loan should follow these instructions.
- Complete a FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov
- The Parent must Submit the Parent PLUS Loan Request Form to the Office of Financial Aid. Please allow up to two business days for the offer to be made in Banner Self Service. Submitting the Parent PLUS Loan Request Form will be your active acceptance of the PLUS Loan. The student should be sure to view the loan in Banner Self Service after you submit the request.
- The Parent must go to studentloans.gov and Log in with the parent FSA ID and Password.
- Apply for a PLUS Loan. (on the application you will indicate the amount you want to borrower or you can put the maximum allowed by school)
- Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN), select PLUS MPN for Parents.
- Complete Plus Loan Counseling.
Ready to Create Your Journey?
Deciding where to go to college is a big step, and we're here to help you every step of the way. Connect with us to find out more about Richard Bland College.