Application for Admission
Thank you for your interest in admission to Richard Bland College of William & Mary. We are excited you want to Create Your Journey here as a Statesman.
Our application includes a “Save and Return” feature. We want to make the application completion process as easy as possible. Are you ready to get started? Let’s go!
- Have your form of payment ready for the $50 application fee, which is requested at the end of the application.
- Have your essay written ahead of time to save time (Essay Questions are listed below).
- Remember that all items marked with an asterisk (*) are required and must be filled out.
Choose the option that best helps you answer that question and write an essay of no more than 1000 words, using the prompt to inspire and structure your response. Use the full range if you need it, but don’t feel obligated to do so.
- Some students have a background or story that is so central to their identity that they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what lessons did you learn?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
- Describe a place or environment where you are perfectly content. What do you do or experience there, and why is it meaningful to you?
- Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
Important: Please provide a unique email address assigned only to you. Two applicants may not use the same email address. Need a free email address? Search one of these sites: Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc.
Ready to Create Your Journey?
Deciding where to go to college is a big step, and we're here to help you every step of the way. Connect with us to find out more about Richard Bland College.