Transcript Request

Transcript Requests


Official Transcripts

Official transcripts are documents provided directly from Richard Bland College to the recipient; they bear the college seal and the signature of the Registrar. Official transcripts at RBC are printed out on paper, are issued in a sealed envelope, and are rendered unofficial if the seal on the envelope is broken. Some institutions will not accept a hand-delivered transcript as official; instead, it must be mailed directly from Richard Bland College. You should check the policy of the receiving institution before you decide to hand-deliver your transcripts.

You will need an official transcript if you are planning to transfer your classes to another college. You may also need an official transcript if you are registering with a state examination board, or when you apply for a scholarship or a job. In most cases, the requestor will tell you if the transcript must be official.


Requesting an Official Transcript


Unofficial Transcripts

An unofficial transcript is a record of your Richard Bland College enrollment, grades, credits earned, and your grade point average printed on plain white paper. You will need a copy for your degree planning purposes. It is always a good idea to retain a copy for your personal files.


Requesting an Unofficial Transcript