All residential students are required to purchase the minimal meal plan and have the option to upgrade. Commuter students have the option to purchase any plan.
Meal Plans (Effective 2017)
Block Meal Plans
|Block Meal Plans||Rates per plan per semester||Dining Dollars||Total charge per semester||Total charge per year 2018||Plan description|
|100||$880||$200||$1,080||$2,160||Freedom & Patriot Halls, non residential|
|160||$1,450||$250||$1,700||$3,400||Freedom & Patriot Halls, non-residential|
Weekly Meal Plans
|Weekly Meal Plans||Rates per plan per semester||Dining Dollars||Total charge per semester||Total charge per year 2018||Plan description|
|19||$1,900||$175||$2,075||$4,150||Patriot, and Freedom Halls, non residential|
|14||$1,700||$200||$1,900||$3,800||Patriot, and Freedom Halls, non residential|
1. Non-Residential Meal Plan will not be available on the Housing Application
2. Freedom and Patriot Hall students can choose from the 100 and 160 block plans, and from the two weekly meal plans.
3. New Residence Hall students can choose from the two weekly meal plan options.
4. Default meal plan for all students that do not choose their meal plan on the housing application will be 14 Weekly plan.
5. Any modifications or changes to the meal plans must be complete by 5 pm of the first day of classes.
6. Limit Block Plans to 5 meal swipes per day.
7. Weekly Meal Plans, only the allotted number of swipes per day (14 meal plan is 2 swipes a day not to exceed a total of 14 in a week, 19 meal plan is 3 swipes per day not to exceed a total of 19 in a week)
Complete Meal includes:
Breakfast Platter (pancakes, toast, biscuit), meat, eggs, and a starch
Juice or Coffee
Salad or Soup
Entrée (with sides), or a grill item with a starch, or deli item and a side
Benefits of a meal plan
- Save money. A meal purchase with a meal plan is less than most fast food chains.
- Convenience. The Statesman Grill is located at the center of campus, right beside the Library.
- All sales tax is included. You never have to worry about looking at a receipt with wide eyes again. Everything is included in the cost of your meal.
- Quick. You are able to grab your meal fast, whether you are running around campus, between classes, work, or taking a break from studying.
- Campus connection. You will be more connected with the campus community, and chances are, you will have a better social life.
Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Lunch/Dinner: 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Grab & Go: 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Weekend hours: 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Ready to Create Your Journey?
Deciding where to go to college is a big step, and we're here to help you every step of the way. Connect with us to find out more about Richard Bland College.