Listed below are the services that the RBC Library provides for faculty and staff. Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or individually with questions or assistance with your courses or research!
Keep updated with the trends in higher education! The Library sends out daily emails from the Chronicle of Higher Education. If you would like to be added to the distribution list, please let us know. (Note: The links to the articles require a password, which the library has but cannot give out. Let us know what article you want, and we will email it to you).
- Library Instruction Sessions – Library instruction sessions and tours are available for both small and large groups. Librarians provide instruction in the use of print and electronic materials. We can hold classes in the Library Community Room or come to your classroom. Classes may be of an introductory nature or content-specific. Faculty are encouraged to schedule class groups well in advance of desired instruction dates. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a session.
- Assignment Design Services – If you are concerned about whether or not the library has the resources to support your assignment, the library staff can work collaboratively with you to design assignments that will ensure student success in their research.
- Reserves – Before the start of each semester, please let the staff know if you need materials to be placed on reserve. Materials may include personal items, library materials, videos, DVDs, and photocopies. Reserves may be designated as library-use-only, overnight, 3-day, 5-day or 14-day loans.
- Equipment – The library has some equipment available for faculty checkout, including laptops, flip video camera, digital camcorder, and portable projectors.
- Laminating – The library staff can laminate materials for you. Please allow at least week for completion.
- Request Items for Purchase – We encourage faculty to review library holdings in the areas of their expertise and instruction. We solicit recommendations for materials that will support and strengthen our holdings in relation to what’s taught here at Richard Bland. Any faculty member can email us with requests.
- Circulation – Listed below are the circulation policies for faculty and staff. As a courtesy, faculty and staff are not charged overdue fines. However, if an item is lost, they are required to pay the replacement fee or purchase an identical copy. (Replacement fees are $25 for entertainment DVDs and $50 for all other items).
Materials Loan Period Renewals Fines Number of Items Books 1 semester 1 N/A unlimited Audio Recordings 1 semester 1 N/A unlimited DVDs 7 days 0 N/A 8 Videos 7 days 1 N/A unlimited Periodicals On-site N/A N/A N/A Interlibrary Loans Determined by loaning library N/A N/A N/A
- Interlibrary Loan – Books, articles, videos, and DVDs not available in the Richard Bland College Library may be borrowed from another library. After searching the catalog, you can request items that we don’t have using WorldCat. The RBC Library requests ILL items from any college or university library in the state of Virginia. We are also part of the Richmond Academic Library Consortium (RALC), which runs a shuttle between all of the Richmond-area academic libraries. It drops off and picks up at Richard Bland on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Requests for journal articles are sent electronically.
- Research Help – The library staff is available to assist you with your research needs. If you are having difficulty finding information on a particular topic in the catalog or the databases, send us an email! We’d be glad to do some deeper searching to see if we can get what you need through Interlibrary Loan.