III. Student Financial Services
The College offers financial assistance including Federal, State, Institutional, and Private scholarships, grants, loans, and student employment (College Work-Study Program). Inquiries concerning financial assistance and the College Work-Study Program should be directed to the Financial Aid Office at (804) 862-6260 or (804) 863-4035.
Refunds to Students
A full- or part-time student who withdraws in good standing shall be entitled to a refund of a portion of tuition paid for the semester in which currently enrolled. The Office of the Treasurer of Virginia is the only entity that distributes refund checks, and such checks typically are mailed six (6) to eight (8) weeks from the date of withdrawal or drop. A student will be entitled to a refund in the following increments for regular start Fall and Spring semester classes:
- 100% of tuition minus a $50 processing fee upon withdrawal before the end of the first week of the semester (seven consecutive calendar days from the beginning of classes);
- 75% of tuition upon withdrawal after the 7th and through the 14th consecutive calendar day from the beginning of classes;
- 50% of tuition upon withdrawal after the 14th and through the 26th consecutive calendar day from the beginning of classes.
- No refund of tuition after the 26th consecutive calendar day from the beginning of classes.
All summer schedule, intercession, late start, and any other special classes will have abbreviated refund deadlines which can be viewed on the Registrar’s website.
Additional Financial Information
- Students who register and withdraw from the College prior to the beginning of classes will receive a full refund minus a $50 withdrawal processing fee.
- No refund of any tuition and fees will be made to a student who has been required to withdraw by the College regardless of the date of withdrawal.
- Students changing from 12 or more hours to fewer than 12 hours change status from full time to part time. When this occurs within the prescribed period allowed for course changes, charges are established at the semester credit hour rate for the course or courses retained. The resulting overpayment of tuition will be refunded. No refund of tuition will be made for a change of status from full time to part time occurring after the deadline for course changes, which is published in the academic calendar. http://www.rbc.edu/calendar/academic-calendar/
- Part-time students who withdraw or who drop one or more courses will be entitled to refunds according to guidelines 1, 2, and 3 above.
- The actual date of proper notice will be certified by the Office of the Registrar, and refunds, when applicable, will be computed based on the certified date. Refunds are not based on the last day of class attendance.
- Pro-rata refunds to first time students attending Richard Bland College who receive Title IV financial aid will be based on Title IV requirements.
- Withdrawal for medical or legal reasons will follow the same refund schedule as published above.
- Housing and Board (meal) charges will be refunded according to the “Canceling Housing Agreement” section of this Student Handbook.
Student Employment Opportunities
Student employment opportunities are available through the Federal Work-Study Program and the Campus Regular Student Employment Program. These programs provide eligible students an opportunity to earn money to help offset their educational-related expenses as well as to gain work experience. Jobs are available in various offices on campus, and students are generally assigned between ten to twenty hours per week. At least part-time enrollment is required.
Transcripts, degrees, or any other information concerning academic records will not be released until College accounts are paid in full.
A representative in the Financial Aid Office is available to assist veterans with their Veteran Education Benefits, and the Admissions Office is available to assist with admissions and counseling-related issues.
Return To Top
Ready to Create Your Journey?
Deciding where to go to college is a big step, and we're here to help you every step of the way. Connect with us to find out more about Richard Bland College.