The student assembly at Richard Bland College works to represent all students on all matters of representation.
The student assembly is made up of elected members and is supported by its committees: Research and Development, Civic Engagement, Appropriations and Finance, College Policy and Student Rights, and Health and Wellness. The student assembly encourages engagement from all levels of the College’s community. Additionally, they work to ensure that campus policies remain fair, protects student rights, and builds strong relationships between the tri-city area and Richard Bland administration.
Richard Bland College’s student assembly strives to increase student engagement through leadership opportunities, civic engagement, and active involvement in campus events. At its core, student assembly encourages a strong relationship between students, administration, faculty, and staff for the betterment of the Richard Bland community-at-large.
- The student assembly meets every Wednesday in McNeer 104.
- Student assembly council meetings are open to the public and are held on the last Wednesday of every month from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
Thomas “Flight” Larus
Flight is in his sophomore year at the Richard Bland College of William and Mary. Flight’s great pride in his community can be attributed to his hometown of Fredericksburg, with influences from Richmond and Long Island. Flight intends to develop solutions to work on student retention, greater ease of accessibility into higher education institutions, increasing overall post-pandemic campus morale, and garnering partnership opportunities with regional service-based organizations for volunteer opportunities.
● Leads the student assembly initiatives and efforts
● Acts as a voice and liaison to faculty, staff, and administration on all student matters
● Works to promote cohesiveness within the student assembly as a whole, as well as between the administration and students
Kylie McCoy is a sophomore and the vice president of student assembly. She aims to ensure that campus life is enjoyable and inclusive to everyone in the student body.
● Assists the president in leading Student Assembly initiatives
● Works closely with and oversees the student assembly committees in order to create a more welcoming and cohesive campus
Daniel Johnson is a sophomore and the treasurer for the Richard Bland Student Assembly. He has lived in Virginia his whole life and grew up in Arlington. He aims to make Richard Bland a more engaging campus and enhance the student experience by making it easy for students to acquire the necessary funds to start clubs and host events.
● Oversees the student assembly budget and finance reporting
● Manages the budget process
● Leads all fundraising efforts
● Accountable for funding guidelines and procedures