Richard Bland College Foundation Announces Notable Alumni Inaugural Honorees
The Richard Bland College Foundation has announced Notable Alumni inaugural honorees.
Twelve distinguished Richard Bland College of William & Mary alumni were honored for their professional accomplishments and demonstrated leadership.
“Notable Alumni are role models for Richard Bland College students, inspiring them to strive for a high level of personal and professional excellence,” said President Debbie Sydow. “This impressive group has distinguished themselves through professional accomplishments, leadership, service to community and commitment to their alma mater.”
The inaugural Notable Alumni honorees distinguished themselves in professions ranging from healthcare to financial services to entertainment and politics. The alumni recognized include Rodney Ashby ’90, Victor K. Branch ’82, The Honorable Kirk Cox ’81, Thomas Dorsey ’72, Dr. Thomas Inge, Jr. ’84, Angela Kelly-Wiecek ’91, T. Sean MacLaughlin ’97, W. Kevin Massengill ’96, Jennifer McGrew ’00, John Radcliffe ’63, Dr. Javaid Siddiqi ’98, and Rosetta Thurman ’02.
- Ashby was a captain of both the Richard Bland and Virginia Commonwealth University basketball teams. He is Managing Principle at Cornerstone, a Recruiting Process Outsourcing firm.
- Branch is the Market President, Richmond Region of Bank of America.
- Cox is the House Majority Leader in the Virginia General Assembly and was elected as a Speaker-Designee, the highest leadership position in the Virginia House of Delegates.
- Dorsey co-founded the Richmond-based investment firm Dorsey, Wright & Associates in 1987. He is a renowned financial services business leader with more than 40 years experience.
- Inge is the Division Head and professor of pediatric surgery at Children’s Hospital Colorado.
- Kelly-Wiecek is the President and Owner of 3C Marketing, LLC. She is the Chair of the Hanover County Board of Supervisors.
- MacLaughlin is an acclaimed stage and film/television actor. He has starred in Broadway’s “Phantom of the Opera” and performed at the Kennedy Center.
- Massengill is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Dinwiddie County Government.
- McGrew is the Executive Director, CFO and Head of Business Management, North America Institutional at J.P. Morgan Asset Management in New York City.
- Siddiqi is the Executive Director and CEO of The Hunt Institute, a strategic public education organization based in Durham, N.C. He is the former Commonwealth of Virginia Secretary of Education (2013-14).
- Thurman is the founder of HappyBlackWoman.com, whose mission is to empower women towards successful lives through personal development and entrepreneurship.