How to Accept Your Financial Aid
Note: Federal Pell Grants are automatically accepted.
- Access your myRBC by selecting “Banner” from the “myRBC” menu on the homepage.
- Enter Student ID – your R number – as your User ID.
- Enter your PIN (if you are logging in for the first time this number will be your birthday mmddyy). Questions regarding your PIN should be directed to the Office of Admissions (804) 862-6249 or the Office of the Registrar (804) 862-6185.
- Click on “Financial Aid.”
- Click on “Award.”
- Click on “Award for Aid Year.”
- From the drop down menu, select “22-23 Financial Aid Year, beginning Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 or select 2023-2024 Financial Aid Year, beginning Fall 2023 and Spring 2024″
- Click “Submit.”
- Select the “Award Overview” tab. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid if your Housing Status and Enrollment Status are not accurate.
- Select the “Resources/Additional Information” tab to read and answer the question concerning your Title IV funds. You must read and answer the question before the “Accept Award Offer” tab will be activated.
- Click the “Terms and Conditions” tab to accept the Terms and Conditions of Financial Aid. You must read and accept the Terms and Conditions before the “Accept Award Offer” tab will be activated.
- Select the “Accept Award Offer” tab.
- Indicate if you “Accept” or “Decline” the award or “Accept Full Amount of All Awards.” You must complete the process on the “Accept Award Offer” tab for your financial aid to disburse to your RBC student account.
If you are accepting a Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Student Loan, please continue with the following instructions. Failure to do so will prevent the disbursement of your Direct loan.
- Go to http://studentloans.gov and under the “Manage My Direct Loan” section, sign in using your FSA ID & Password.
- Complete Entrance Counseling for the Subsidized/Unsubsidized loan.
- Complete Master Promissory Note for Subsidized/Unsubsidized. Be prepared to provide contact information for two references.
*Note: Requirements to complete the above will appear on the “Accept Award Offer” tab. If you accept both subsidized and unsubsidized loans, the requirement appears twice but needs to be completed only once.