- Ask a Librarian
- Start Your Research
- Citation Help
Ask a Librarian
Email us – We will respond to you within 48 hours, excluding weekends, holidays, or special closings.
Phone us – We are available to answer your questions any time our library is open. Call (804) 862-6226
Schedule a meeting with us – We are available throughout the week to help with research, citations, digital projects, and more. Please fill out this form to request a face-to-face meeting with a librarian.
Start Your Research
Your professor has just given you an assignment to do, and you just don’t know where to begin! Here’s the place to start. Learn what resources to use, download guides tailored to your particular assignment, and know who to ask with more questions!
The Library has developed research guides for specific assignments and papers at RBC.
View these guides on our LibGuides site.
Need help picking a topic to research? These sources may help.
- Debatabase – An online forum for formally debating many controversial issues. Read points and counterpoints for each argument surrounding the issue.
- Global Issues – Research issues that affect the entire world, not just the United States.
- Idea Generator – Very, very long list of research topics by ODU.
- Public Policies and Issues – A fabulous website compiled by Vanderbilt University that specializes in providing US government information surrounding controversial issues.
- Procon.org – A nonprofit organization that lists the pros and cons of many controversial issues.
- Social Issues in America (Table of Contents) – Multi-volume encyclopedia on the READY REFERENCE shelf (HN57 .S624 2006) that has short articles on many controversial issues.
Technology Assistance for Research
- Learn how to download ebooks.
- Tired of printing out your articles? Learn how to save articles online.
Need More Help?
Search our guides for research information on every subject taught at Richard Bland College. In addition to subject guides, we have class guides and miscellaneous guides on topics ranging from how to use the library to finding useful apps to help you study. We have over 30 guides and more to be added soon.
Each guide contains information on books, articles, web resources, citation help, and “best bets” for that subject.LibGuides
When writing papers for your classes, it is important to give credit to the sources from where you pulled your information. Whether you directly quote someone or just paraphrase their ideas, you still must cite the source. Listed below are guides to help you cite your sources in a variety of formats. Make sure you know which citation format your professor wants you to use!
The library has the manuals for APA, MLA, and Chicago/Turabian on reserve. Ask at the circulation desk if you would like to use them!
Not properly citing your sources is considered plagiarism and is a violation of the RBC Student Honor Code. For more information on what information should and should not be cited, read this handout from UC Davis.
FAQsView Our FAQ's
Summer Library Hours
Fall hours (effective August 27)
Closed Saturday, October 6 and only open 8am-5pm on Monday, October 8 and Tuesday, October 9.
Closed November 21 through 24
11301 Johnson Rd
South Prince George, VA 23805
Ready to Create Your Journey?
Deciding where to go to college is a big step, and we're here to help you every step of the way. Connect with us to find out more about Richard Bland College.