Honors Students engage in rich academic and co-curricular experiences, with the opportunity to co-enroll in up to five classes at William & Mary.
The Honors Program at Richard Bland College of William & Mary supports academic excellence and a culture of service and cultural enrichment for Honors students and the Richard Bland Community. At Richard Bland, Honors Program Students:
- Maintain a 3.25 or higher GPA
- Participate in campus and community service
- Take advantage of cultural and academic enrichment opportunities
- Explore leadership opportunities and prepare a digital portfolio of their honors experiences.
Honors Program Scholarship are awarded to a limited number of students who are selected by application to participate in the Honors Program. In order to receive awarded funds, students must fulfill requirements of the Honors Program. Some of these requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Change the list starting with “Enrollment in ESE-Honors” to the following:
- Enrollment in ESE-Honors
- Completion of required number of Honors courses
- Adequate accumulation of Campus Engagement Points
- Minimum number of service hours required for each semester
- Participation in RBC Expo
- Cumulative GPA to 3.25
The Honors Program application for new and returning applicants can be found here. It is due June 15. Specific information regarding how fulfillment of the Honors program will be determined will be shared at the Honors Program Orientation during Welcome Week.
Students who fulfill the Honors Program requirements each semester during their first year, will be invited to reapply for acceptance and another Honors Program Scholarship their second year. Re-acceptance is not guaranteed.
Ready to Create Your Journey?
Deciding where to go to college is a big step, and we're here to help you every step of the way. Connect with us to find out more about Richard Bland College.