The Honors Program at Richard Bland College of William & Mary supports academic excellence and a culture of service. At Richard Bland College, Honors Program students:
- Participate in campus and community service
- Take advantage of cultural and academic enrichment opportunities
- Explore leadership opportunities
- Examine global prospectives
Richard Bland College ‘18, William & Mary ‘20
Career Goal: Medical
“Richard Bland College taught me that hard work and dedication will lead to great success in the future.”
Honors Program Scholarships are awarded to a limited number of students. In order to be considered for a scholarship, students must complete an application, be selected, and fulfill requirements of the Honors Program.
Some requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Enrollment in ESE-Honors and required number of Honors courses (COLL courses for second-year Promise Scholars)
- Accumulation of Engage RBC points
- Completion of community service
- Participation in RBC Expo
- Maintaining a 3.25+ cumulative GPA
All eligible new and returning students are invited to apply to the Honors Program. The application opens February 1, 2019 and closes April 1, 2019. A link to the application will be available on this page beginning February 1. Orientation activities will take place and Honors Program specifics will be shared during Welcome Week in August.
Students who fulfill the Honors Program requirements each semester during their first year will be invited to re-apply for acceptance and an Honors Program Scholarship their second year. Re-acceptance is not guaranteed.
Please contact the Honors Program Coordinator for questions about the program.
Celia Brockway, Honors Program Coordinator
(804) 862-6100 ext. 8533