Official transcripts are documents provided directly from Richard Bland College of William & Mary to the recipient; they bear the college seal and the signature of the Director of Records & Registration. Official transcripts at RBC are printed on official transcript paper, issued in a sealed envelope, and rendered unofficial if the seal on the envelope is broken. Some institutions will not accept a hand-delivered transcript as official; instead, it must be mailed directly from Richard Bland College. You should check the policy of the receiving institution before you decide to hand-deliver your transcripts.
You will need an official transcript if you are planning to transfer your classes to another college. You may also need an official transcript if you are registering with a state examination board, or when you apply for a scholarship or a job. In most cases, the requestor will tell you if the transcript must be official.
Requesting an Official Transcript
Order it online through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Track and confirm your transcript delivery
- Online Ordering offers a fast, simple and secure way to order copies of your RBC transcript via the Web. You will be guided though the easy step-by-step process and receive email updates on your order which you can track
- Request transcripts 24/7
- Your electronic Transcript may be delivered to multiple recipients or institutions in as little as an hour
- Enables colleges and universities to efficiently admit transfer students while minimizing lost transcripts
- You can also upload additional or supplemental forms that required by the receiving entity to accompany the transcript
- Transcripts are $7 (additional processing and delivery fee will apply)
- Paper transcripts will be available through July 31, 2021.
- For questions regarding your transcript request, please email Records and Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently enrolled and former students may obtain their unofficial transcripts by accessing their Banner Web Account. Another option is to complete the Transcript Request Form or a letter of request with the following information below:
Requesting an Unofficial Transcript
Banner Web Account: Click link
In Person: (complete the Transcript Request Form) and show photo identification.
By Mail : with your dated signature, Social Security number or Student ID number and the address to which the transcript is to be sent.
By Fax: at (804) 862-6189 with your dated signature, Social Security number or Student ID number and the address to which the transcript is to be sent.
- Any transcript mailed through the United States Postal Service may take up to 10 business days to reach its destination.
Note: Transcripts cannot be released if a financial hold has been placed on your account. This hold must be resolved before a transcript request will be processed.
Official transcripts issued to students will bear the stamp “Official Transcript Issued to Student” and will be placed in a signed, sealed envelope. Please be sure to follow the required instructions of the receiving institution/agency for an official transcript.
Pick-up of Transcripts
A photo ID is required to pick up a transcript. If the transcript will be picked up by someone other than the student, the person’s name and telephone number must accompany the original request and that person must provide a photo ID. The student will be notified via email when the transcript is ready for pickup.