It's Not Too Late: Register FOR FALL '22 48-HOUR DECISION

Richard Bland College
Request Info Apply

Frequently Asked Questions


  • What housing fees do I need to pay?

    • New Students must pay a $150 refundable housing damage deposit, and a $150 non-refundable enrollment fee.
      Returning Students must pay the $150 non-refundable housing damage deposit.

  • How do I pay the required fees?

    • All Payments should be submitted to the Business Office
      (Make Checks Payable to “Richard Bland College”)
      In person @ the Business Office
      Maze Hall, Room 201 – 11301 Johnson Rd
      South Prince George, VA 23805
      Charge by Phone: (804) 862-6100 x8100
      Pay Online

  • If I change my mind about living on campus, do I get my deposit back?

    • The Room Reservation Fee of $150 is non-refundable. Please see your Housing and Food Service Terms and Conditions for more details.


  • What are the housing requirements?

    • • Returning students must have completed the online application for housing
      • Returning students must register for Fall Classes
      • Returning students must pay $150.00 Non Refundable Room Reservation Fee
      • New students must be admitted to the university
      • New students must pay $150.00 non-refundable enrollment fee
      • New students must complete housing application online
      Payment of fees and submission of a housing application DOES NOT guarantee housing. Space is limited and assigned on a first come first serve.


  • Who do I contact for housing concerns?

  • What is an RLC?

    • A Residence Life Coordinator is a professional live-in staff persons who supervises, manages, and directs the residence hall and staff.

  • What is an RA?

    • Resident Assistants are student leaders living in the Residence Halls who provide guidance to students from a peer perspective.

  • What do I do when I need something in my room fixed?

    • Contact ORL or any ORL staff member and have them submit a work order request identifying what exactly needs to be repaired in your room. Once the request is processed, someone from Facilities Management will attend to the matter.

  • What furnishings are provided in the room?

    • Generally speaking, each resident is provided with a regular twin-sized bed (bunked), and a desk w/chair. One shared closet is provided in each room.

  • Are pets allowed in the Residence Halls?

    • Fish in tanks no larger than 10 gallons are the only permissible pets.

  • Can I bring my own room decorations?

    • Feel free to decorate your rooms with posters and pictures, but remember to use removable adhesive to hold them up. Nails, tacks, and staples are not approved for hanging, and students will be charged up to $300 to repair and paint walls. Our windows are furnished with vertical blinds so you cannot bring your own curtains.

  • Where do I do my laundry?

    • Each Residence Hall is equipped with room washer and dryers.


  • Does Richard Bland College offer summer housing for students?

    • No, not at this time.

Office of Residence Life

Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
9:00 am – 5:00 pm

Mailing Address:
Richard Bland College
Office of Residence Life
11301 Johnson Rd
South Prince George, VA 23805

Contact Information:
Phone: (804) 862-6161

Email Office of Residence Life

Campus Life

Launch Experience

Ready to Create Your Journey?