IN THIS SECTION:
The Richard Bland College Code Of Ethics
Integrity is one of the core values of the Richard Bland College of William & Mary (“College” or “RBC”). We are committed to lawful and ethical behavior in all of the College’s activities. At Richard Bland College we insist that all members of the College community – our employees, students, and volunteers – comply with all laws, regulations, policies, and ethical norms applicable to them. We are to be honest, fair, and trustworthy ourselves and to take care that other members of the College community are also.
Therefore, we, as members of the RBC community, will:
- Obey the laws, regulations, and policies applicable to our College activities.
- Protect and preserve College resources and ensure their proper use.
- Avoid both conflicts of interest and the appearance of such conflicts.
- Safeguard confidential information.
- Make procurement decisions impartially and objectively.
- Maintain effective internal controls to safeguard the regularity and integrity of our activities.
- Treat other people with dignity and respect, ensuring there is no discrimination or harassment at Richard Bland College.
- Report any illegal or unethical action that comes to our attention, so the College can investigate and take corrective steps.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE POLICIES WITHIN THIS POLICY MANUAL OR ANY OTHER RICHARD BLAND COLLEGE POLICIES MAY SUBJECT YOU TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION UP TO AND INCLUDING TERMINATION FROM EMPLOYMENT, OR IF A STUDENT, EXPULSION FROM COLLEGE.
Return To Top
Ready to Create Your Journey?
Deciding where to go to college is a big step, and we're here to help you every step of the way. Connect with us to find out more about Richard Bland College.