General Instructions For Completing Verification
2020-21 Verification Process
The U.S. Department of Education randomly selects certain FAFSA Applications for a process called verification. If a student is selected for Verification they should do the following:
· Log into www.fafsa.gov and use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to automatically fill in tax data (or)
· Request a copy of you and/or your parents Tax Return Transcript https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
PLEASE DO NOT SEND A TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPT IF WE DO NOT REQUEST IT
We are pleased to announce we have established a partnership with Inceptia to expedite the federal verification process for Richard Bland College. Verification Gateway (VG) from Inceptia is an online portal to guide students and parents through verification.
If your FAFSA application is selected for verification by the U.S Department of Education, you will receive an email from VGCS@inceptia.org, or postcard from Inceptia, containing Richard Bland College’s unique website link to start the verification process.
We encourage you to begin the verification process within 7 days of receiving notification from Verification Gateway to ensure you receive your financial aid in time for payments. Failure to complete the verification process could result in the delay or denial of your financial aid.
Follow these steps to complete your verification for 2020-2021
• Access the 2020-2021 Federal Verification link at https://www.verificationgateway.org/rbc2021
(Deadline for submitting these documents is July 31, 2021)
• Create your account and choose preferences for text messages and e-signatures.
• Complete your Task List.
• Confirm your signature and review your information.
• Sign your account.
• If you are a dependent student, your parent also needs to create their own account and complete each of these steps.
Questions about the verification process?
Contact Inceptia, Monday 8 am – 8:30 pm Central and Tuesday through Friday 8 am – 7 pm Central at 888.374.8427 or VGCS@inceptia.org.
Federal Funds cannot be disbursed to a student until this verification process has been completed. One you have completed the process, Inceptia will then produce the required documents and forward them to the RBC Office of Financial Aid for processing.
RBC’s Financial Aid Office may also request other documents from you. You will need to send those documents and the appropriate forms directly to the Financial Aid Office. We will send an email to your RBC Email if any other forms and/or documents are required.
Financial Aid Office
11301 Johnson Road
South Prince George, VA 23805
(804) 862-6260 Telephone
(804) 862-6260 Fax
Monday through Friday
FAFSA School Code