RBC Admissions Fair Wednesday, July 17th 10am - 1pm Click Here

Richard Bland College of William & Mary Logo - Black, With White Background
Request Info Apply

Parent PLUS Loan

Please note:

The undergraduate student MUST have a current FAFSA on file with our office before we will certify a Parent PLUS Loan.

Undergraduate PLUS Loan Information

The parents of dependent undergraduate students may borrow funds through a PLUS loan. To receive a PLUS loan, they will be required to pass a credit check. If they do not pass the credit check, they still may be able to receive a loan if someone, such as a relative or friend who is able to pass, agrees to co-sign the loan, promising to repay it if the parents should fail to do so.

Apply for a PLUS Loan

Parents applying for the Direct Parent PLUS Loan should follow these instructions.

  1. Complete a FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov
  2. The Parent must go to studentloans.gov and Log in with the parent FSA ID and Password.
  3. Apply for a PLUS Loan. (on the application you will indicate the amount you want to borrower or you can put the maximum allowed by school)
  4. Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN), select PLUS MPN for Parents.
  5. Complete Plus Loan Counseling.

Admissions & Aid

close modal

Explore Our Campus Now

Let's Go

Ready to Create Your Journey?