Parent PLUS Loan
The undergraduate student MUST have a current FAFSA on file with our office before we will certify a Parent PLUS Loan.
Undergraduate PLUS Loan Information
The parents of dependent undergraduate students may borrow funds through a PLUS loan. To receive a PLUS loan, they will be required to pass a credit check. If they do not pass the credit check, they still may be able to receive a loan if someone, such as a relative or friend who is able to pass, agrees to co-sign the loan, promising to repay it if the parents should fail to do so.
Apply for a PLUS Loan
Parents applying for the Direct Parent PLUS Loan should follow these instructions.
- Complete a FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov
- The Parent must go to studentloans.gov and Log in with the parent FSA ID and Password.
- Apply for a PLUS Loan. (on the application you will indicate the amount you want to borrower or you can put the maximum allowed by school)
- Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN), select PLUS MPN for Parents.
- Complete Plus Loan Counseling.