Application for Admission
Thank you for your interest in admission to Richard Bland College of William & Mary. We are excited you want to Create Your Journey here as a Statesman.
- Application For Admission
- First Year Students
- Transfer Students
- Re-Admit Students
- International Students
Application For Admission
Our application includes a “Save and Return” feature. We want to make the application completion process as easy as possible. Are you ready to get started? Let’s go!
- Apply for Fall 2020 free until 8/26/20
- You can complete your essay on the application or later by completing the essay form.
- Remember that all items marked with an asterisk (*) are required and must be filled out.
Please write an essay up to 1000 words on the topic of your choice. You can type directly in the box or copy and paste from another source such as Microsoft Word. Use the full range if you need it, but don’t feel obligated to do so.
Important: Please provide a unique email address assigned only to you. Two applicants may not use the same email address. Need a free email address? Search one of these sites: Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc.
First Year Students
To apply for admission as a first-year student, you will need to submit the following items:
- Official SAT or ACT scores (SAT code: 5574, ACT code: 4346)
- Letter of Recommendation
Candidates for admission must have graduated from an accredited high school with a standard or advanced diploma or have earned an equivalency certificate based on GED tests. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of high school courses, grades and extracurricular activities. High school work should normally include four (4) units of English, three (3) units of mathematics (preferred courses: Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II or advanced math courses), two (2) units of history or government and two (2) units of science. Two (2) units of foreign language. are preferred but not required.
Richard Bland College welcomes students who have been home-schooled. Home-schooled students must provide a transcript of all coursework completed. In addition, a home-schooled student must take the Scholastic Achievement Test (SAT). If the student successfully passes the GED, the student is eligible for admission to the College. A home-schooled student who desires to pursue a degree at Richard Bland College should be at least sixteen years of age prior to registration. In addition to the items noted above, home-schooled students must submit the Supplemental Home School Education Form.
A Transfer Student is any student who has attended another college or university after graduation from high school. For admission, you will need to submit the following items:
A Re-admit Student is any student who attended Richard Bland College as a degree seeking student and has not attended another college or university since leaving the College. For admission, you will need to submit the following items:
For admission, you will need to submit the following items:
- Application for Admission
- International Transfer In Form (pdf)
- $35 application fee
- Official high school transcript (must be translated and tabulated into English)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and/ or Official SAT or ACT scores (SAT code: 5574, ACT code: 4346)
- International students must obtain an F-1 Visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their country of origin.
- If you are transferring in from another college , please submit the Dean Certification Form.
- Letter of Recommendation
Office of Admissions
11301 Johnson Rd
South Prince George, VA 23805
Email Office of Admissions
Ready to Create Your Journey?
Deciding where to go to college is a big step, and we're here to help you every step of the way. Connect with us to find out more about Richard Bland College.