Faculty & Staff
FALL 2020 Campus Reopening Plan
This plan has been reviewed by the State Council of Higher Education and has been found to be compliant in containing the required components of the "Higher Education Reopening Guidance," which was developed in consultation with the Virginia Department of Health.
Faculty & Staff
The health and well-being of the Richard Bland College community is vital. To help safeguard the health of students, faculty, staff, and the surrounding community, the College is modifying all campus buildings, operations and academic delivery. Each member of the RBC family is committed to adhere to Virginia’s Public Health Guidelines for Higher Education, VDH and CDC recommendations.
Living & Working
- Face coverings required in all buildings and classrooms
- Faculty and staff encouraged to frequently wipe down workspaces using disinfectant
- Social distancing required at all times
- Virtual meetings are encouraged
- Informational safety signage installed throughout all campus buildings
- Elevators will be handicap only
- Provide training to RBC community regarding mitigating strategies
- Managers to complete by July 17, 2020
- All staff and faculty to complete by August 1, 2020
- Employees encouraged to check temperature daily and stay home if feeling ill
Good Hygiene and Heightened Cleaning & Disinfection
- Students, faculty and staff must wear masks indoors and in shared spaces
- Everyone on-campus will be provided with a personal protective equipment kit at the start of the semester that includes:
- Washable face coverings
- Hand sanitizer
- Information packets
- Maintain social distance of at least 6ft. at all times
- Training provided to students, faculty and staff on maintaining a clean environment
- Deep cleaning of all buildings will take place every Friday
Daily Monitoring & Contact Tracing
(FQHC – FREE)
321C Poplar Drive, Petersburg
Monday morning: 10am – noon and Thursday afternoon: 1:30pm – 3:30pm
804-733-5591 to register – Drive thru
1200 West Washington St., Petersburg
Wednesday evenings from 6pm – 7:30pm
804-863-1652 Option 1 to register (FREE) – Drive thru
Essential Information for Employees
July 13, 2020
Faculty & Staff
Essential information for employees about returning to work
RBC’s COVID-19 Response
Employee Guidelines for Returning to Campus
Planning and Preparation: July – August 2020
Core On-Campus Functions
- Student support
- Facility service and maintenance
- Residence hall and dining support
- Public safety
- Technology support
- Student Health and Counseling Support
Return to Campus Plans and Guidance
The goals of the plans will consider:
- How work spaces will be reconfigured or modified to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Ways to incorporate employee feedback
Blend of On-Campus and Remote Work
- the initiation of a new telework agreement signed by supervisor and employee,
- the extent to which employees will be expected to continue working remotely, and
- activities or circumstances that require employees to return to campus when they are needed.
- Mandatory participation in COVID-19 training
- Maintaining proper hygiene
- Self-monitoring of symptoms
- Reporting if experiencing symptoms or directed to quarantine to the immediate supervisor.
- Mandatory wearing of masks in public and other designated spaces
- Maintaining appropriate distance from students and colleagues
- Complying with additional guidelines as stipulated by the college, state or federal government
Recognizing Individual Work Circumstances
Health and Wellness
RBC is here for you, providing support to help you do your best work during these challenging times.
Will COVID-19 testing be provided?
Will RBC’s medical plan cover costs of testing and treatment?
How is RBC preventing the spread of illness at work?
How is RBC incorporating the latest science about COVID-19 into our decision-making and response?
Where can I seek further help and guidance?
Resources for Leaders:
The RBC Safe & Secure team encourages you to review all current information available for Health & Safety, Students & Families, Faculty & Staff, Alumni & Friends, and Frequently Asked Questions. Guidelines and recommendations are changing, so please visit this site often to view updated information. If you have questions, please click the box below to submit.