Welcome to Richard Bland College! We are so excited to have you as part of the team!
Congratulations on your new role at RBC!
I am delighted to welcome you to our community of diverse and talented faculty and staff dedicated to 100% student success. Do you have questions? We’re here to help! You’ll find many of the answers here on our website and if you can’t find an answer here, you can always contact HR by calling us at 804-862-6100 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to RBC and Go Statesmen!
Director of Human Resources
Appointment with Human Resources
Once you have accepted an offer of employment with RBC, you will be scheduled for an appointment with Human Resources. To ensure timely payroll processing, new employees should complete and bring to the appointment:
- New Hire Paperwork
- I-9 Acceptable Documents
- Fingerprinting – All new employees will be fingerprinted. Successful results are a condition employment. New employees should bring a photo ID to the HR appointment in order to complete the fingerprinting process. RBC Criminal Conviction Policy (pdf).
Once your fingerprinting results return with no issue, you and your new manager will be notified. You will receive an email with instructions for consenting to RBC’s Technology Access Policies. This will allow for the creation of your RBC email address and other technology-related needs. You will also receive an email from your new manager with instructions for your first day (i.e. when and where to arrive, dress code expectations, etc.)
Your First Day
- Meet your supervisor and co-workers: Get to know the people you will be working with and ask to join them for lunch. Try to learn the names of at least four of your co-workers by the end of the day!
- Tour your work area and building: Get to know your work space. This includes the mail room, break room, emergency exits, restrooms, and parking locations.
- Submit outstanding employment forms: Stop by Human Resources and submit any outstanding paperwork or documents.
- Get your employee identification and parking pass: You will be assigned an R-Number. This number will be provided to you prior to your first day. You will need this number and a photo ID to obtain a RBC ID Card from the Campus Police Station. Once you have your RBC ID Card, you can stop by the RBC Business Office to obtain a FREE parking decal. You will need your license plate information.
You’re not alone! Your new manager will be with you every step of the way and will be there to ensure your first day (and beyond) goes smoothly!
- New Employee Orientation
- Review position description: Meet with your new manager to review your job description and ensure complete understanding of job duties and performance expectations.
- Sign up for benefits:New full-time employees must enroll in benefits within 30 days from the start of their employment.
- Explore the campus: Visit the many beautiful campus sites and buildings. Grab a $6 lunch combo from Statesman Café, take a tour of the Statesmen Athletic Hall, or explore the many Pecan Groves!
- Information Security Awareness Training: You will receive an email inviting you to take the state required Information Security Awareness Training. Because it’s likely that you will come in contact with private data in your work, it’s important that you complete this training as soon as possible. Check with your supervisor if you have questions about this training requirement.
- Check your emergency contacts and other information in Payline.