Your professor has just given you an assignment to do, and you just don’t know where to begin! Here’s the place to start. Learn what resources to use, download guides tailored to your particular assignment, and know who to ask with more questions!
The Library has developed research guides for specific assignments and papers at RBC. View these guides on our new LibGuides site.
Need help picking a topic to research? These sources may help.
- Debatabase – An online forum for formally debating many controversial issues. Read points and counterpoints for each argument surrounding the issue.
- Global Issues – Research issues that affect the entire world, not just the United States.
- Idea Generator – Very, very long list of research topics by ODU.
- Possible Research Topics and Questions – This list was compiled by Christine Woodman in Prof. Duckworth’s English class.
- Public Policies and Issues – A fabulous website compiled by Vanderbilt University that specializes in providing US government information surrounding controversial issues.
- Procon.org – A nonprofit organization that lists the pros and cons of many controversial issues.
- Social Issues in America (Table of Contents) – Multi-volume encyclopedia on the READY REFERENCE shelf (HN57 .S624 2006) that has short articles on many controversial issues.
- Learn how to download ebooks.
- Tired of printing out your articles? Learn how to save articles online.