IN THIS SECTION:
The Richard Bland College Code Of Ethics
(Updated by President Sydow February 26, 2018)
At Richard Bland College of William & Mary (“College” or “RBC”), we are committed to ethical and lawful behavior in all College activities. Likewise, eevery member of the College community—employees, students, volunteers, contractors, and agents—is expected to obey all applicable laws, regulations, and policies, and to report any illegal or unethical action so that the College can investigate and take corrective steps as appropriate.
All Richard Bland College employees are expected to embrace the principles of our Code and:
- Perform work responsibly and well for our students and other stakeholders.
- Treat all people with dignity and respect.
- Act with integrity in all interactions on campus and when representing the College off campus.
- Ensure ethics in our business activities, safeguarding confidential information, avoiding conflicts of interest, and safeguarding College resources.
- Accurately represent the mission, values, and accredited status of the College at all times.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE POLICIES WITHIN THIS POLICY MANUAL OR ANY OTHER RICHARD BLAND COLLEGE POLICIES MAY SUBJECT YOU TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION UP TO AND INCLUDING TERMINATION FROM EMPLOYMENT, OR IF A STUDENT, EXPULSION FROM COLLEGE. REGARDING INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AND AGENTS, FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN TERMINATION OF YOUR CONTRACT OR OTHER RELATIONSHIP WITH RICHARD BLAND COLLEGE.
Return To Top
Ready to Create Your Journey?
Deciding where to go to college is a big step, and we're here to help you every step of the way. Connect with us to find out more about Richard Bland College.