Exceptional Student Experience
ESE@RBC - An Innovative New Program Designed To Advance 100% Student Success!
The Exceptional Student Experience focuses Richard Bland College’s attention on providing a one size fits one solution to students. A learner’s journey begins as soon as the student shows interest in the College and continues through graduation at RBC.
· ESE 101: All first year students at RBC are encouraged to take this one credit hour course that focuses on communication strategies, critical thinking, personal wellness, digital literacy, and leadership.Students that have taken ESE 101 report gains in their abilities to express themselves, solve problems, and analyze information.
· Academic Placement and Support: Upon admittance, our student support team works with each incoming student to assess their needs for developmental coursework and academic planning. Our team will continue to monitor student progress and recommend academic improvement plans as needed. More information regarding services available can be found here: https://www.rbc.edu/academics/student-support-team/
- Assist the learner’s journey as a single point of contact
- Each student is assigned a Learner Mentor at orientation. Their Learner Mentor acts as their advocate throughout their education at Richard Bland College.
- Guide students through academic advising and career coaching
- Help students navigate the transfer process
- Connect students to supplemental support for classwork or life-skill development
With technology and early alerts, Learner Mentors can:
- Identify the best intervention in support of student success
- Reach out to students within 24 hours of an academic or behavioral alert to schedule face-to-face meetings
- Connect students with faculty
- Schedule students for tutoring and encourage them to participate in campus events
RBC’s Learner Mentors are using the technology to grow the relationship, which strengthens the connection between the students and their experience at RBC, ensuring that their experience is indeed exceptional.