General Instructions For Completing Verification
2017-2018 Verification Process
The Department of Education randomly selects certain FAFSA Applications for a process called verification. If a student is selected for Verification they should do one of the following:
Log into www.fafsa.ed.gov and use the IRS DATA Retrieval Tool. You may also request a copy of you and/or your parent(s) Tax Return Transcript. You may also submit your actual Tax Returns 1040 or 1040A
Please Note: The Internal Revenue Service has suspended the use of the Data Retrieval Tool until the 2018/2019 FAFSA Season.
• Go to https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript and request a copy of you/and/or your parent(s) Tax Return Transcript.
Please do not send a Tax Return Transcript if we do not request it.
The U.S. Department of Education Central Processing System selects the applications that are to be verified. For 2017-2018 RBC’s Office of Financial Aid has contracted with Inceptia to help you and your family complete the verification of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Inceptia will be contacting you directly to request the data needed to complete the required verification if you are selected. If selected for verification, you’ll receive an email from Verification Gateway. Log into https://www.verificationgateway.org/rbc2018 to start the process.
Federal Funds cannot be disbursed to a student until this verification process has been completed. Once you have completed the process, Inceptia will then produce the required documents and forward them to the RBC Office of Financial Aid for processing.
RBC’s Office of Financial Aid also may be requesting other documents from you. You will need to send those documents and the appropriate forms directly to the RBC Office of Financial Aid. We will let you know if any other forms and/or documents are required.
2016-17 Verification Process
If a student is so selected, he/she should follow the steps below:
- Go to rbc.verfiymyfafsa to create Student Verification Account.
- Complete the Household Form online.
- Upload any required documents if they are requested.
- E-Sign – To E-Sign put in the password for the account.
- Click the Request Button.
- Put in a parent’s email
- An email notification will be sent to the parent to create an account on verfiymyfafsa.com
- The parent needs to review the Household Form and E-Sign.
Other documents besides the Household Form and tax transcript might need to be uploaded and submitted. To upload the printed out Household Form or any other required documents the steps are:
- Use a phone, iPad, or scanner to upload the document.
- If a student or parent needs assistance doing this please have them contact your Learner Mentor.
To complete the process of submitting all the required documents the following should be done:
- Click Submit.
- Click Finish.
Financial Aid Office
11301 Johnson Road
South Prince George, VA 23805
(804) 862-6260 Telephone
(804) 862-6260 Fax
Monday through Friday
FAFSA School Code
Ready to Create Your Journey?
Deciding where to go to college is a big step, and we're here to help you every step of the way. Connect with us to find out more about Richard Bland College.