General Instructions For Completing Verification
The Federal Government determines and selects certain FAFSA applications for verification and incorporates this requirement and its satisfaction once files are imported into Banner. If the student is selected for verification they should do one of the following:
- Log into fafsa.ed.gov and use IRS Data Retrieval or
- Go to irs.gov and request yours and/or/your parent(s) Tax Transcript
If a student is so selected, he/she should follow the steps below:
- Go to rbc.verfiymyfafsa to create Student Verification Account.
- Complete the Household Form online.
- Upload any required documents if they are requested.
- E-Sign – To E-Sign put in the password for the account.
- Click the Request Button.
- Put in a parent’s email
- An email notification will be sent to the parent to create an account on verfiymyfafsa.com
- The parent needs to review the Household Form and E-Sign.
Other documents besides the Household Form and tax transcript might need to be uploaded and submitted. To upload the printed out Household Form or any other required documents the steps are:
- Use a phone, ipad, or scanner to upload the document.
- If a student or parent needs assistance doing this please have them contact your Learner Mentor.
To complete the process of submitting all the required documents the following should be done:
- Click Submit.
- Click Finish.
Costs & Financial Aid Office
11301 Johnson Rd
South Prince George, VA 23805
Ready to Create Your Journey?
Deciding where to go to college is a big step, and we're here to help you every step of the way. Connect with us to find out more about Richard Bland College.